Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Week 8 - Online Applications

This was probably one of the most valuable lessons. I have a household budget document in Excel. My husband insists he overspends because he doesn't have access to the document except for when he is at home, and he doesn't want to get on the computer when he's at home. I've now transferred our household budget into google docs where both he and I can access it from any computer with internet access. Our days of overspending will be coming to an end this month. (Yeah, right.)

My favorite site that I explored of the Web 2.0 award winners was 43 Things. It was inspiring (in many cases) to see what people wanted to do with their lives. And I can appreciate the fact that the entries are varied. While I was exploring I saw entries such as "make people happy", "study the Bible", "be a morning person", and "Learn how to grind dance for free and fast". It was interesting to read people's entries on why they wanted to accomplish a particular thing as well as read people's entries who had accomplished a particular thing and whether or not they recommended pursuing it. This site is one of those that can suck you in as you click from link to link.