Sunday, July 1, 2007

Week 4

The RSS has made my life much easier. Instead of visiting several news sites, I can now visit just one and scan the headlines. If a stort catches my eye I can click the link to read it. It's really been a timesaver in helping me keep abreast of news in various cities of interest.

I added Merlin to my RSS feeds, though I'm not sure how often there will be new stuff added. It's been slow so far, but I learned a few things, like what citebite was and how I could use it. I think this could be a useful tool for those in Maryland libraries, but only if it becomes a more active community.

In searching for feeds, I found Feedster to be helpful. I liked that you could search for topics of interest, and I liked that you could search for blogs, newsfeeds, podcasts, or all of the above. It helped me find some blogs and newsfeeds to follow my favorite college football team.

No comments: