Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 3



I enjoyed searching for things on Flickr as it gave me ideas for some pictures that I could try to take as well. This photo was one of my favorites. I have a miniature version of this big boy. My dog will be this big one day. Right now, he's still a baby at only six months of age and 72 pounds.


My favorite mashup site was retrievr. According to their own description, "retrievr lets you search and explore in a selection of Flickr images by drawing a rough sketch and then seeing which of our interesting photos come up as a match. Beware! You will spend hours pouring over the stunning (and sometimes unexpected) results." This was way too much fun. I drew the shape of a tulip, as best I could, and ended up with photos ranging from a great dane to a girl in a tutu. When I realized I could change the color, I changed the sketch from black to red. I then got a rose, red jelly beans, and even a stop sign. I tried a blue bird and mostof my results consisted of blue flowers. I think my sketching ability is sketchy. This was an addictive task!

In addition to discovering the joys of Flickr this week, I am also interested in VOIP, as my current VOIP provider cannot figure out how to get my phone to work on a regular basis. Needless to say, I canceled the service this morning. I'm going to try to survive on just a cell phone for a month and see how that goes. I'm sure I'll cave in before the end of the month and order regular phone service from whichever company now provides it.




2 comments:

JimD said...

I loved flickr and the assorted image related sites. That was the part of the program where I spent way more time than necessary. I seem to have mastered the Play part of the 7 1/2 habits.

Periodic Frippery said...

Tag, you're it! Please stop by my blog by using the link above to check out the rules of the game and to read a little bit about me.

I enjoyed reading through your blog while checking for vict... er, others to play.