Thursday, June 14, 2007

Week 1

I picked the name Sky Blue Snowball for my blog because that is what was being discussed in a conversation around me as I set up my blog. Personally, I prefer either tutti frutti or chocolate snowballs.

After setting up the blog I checked out the 7 1/2 habits of lifelong learners. The habit that most intrigued me was using technology to your advantage. In some ways, I do this. I like listening to audiobooks on my iPod. I'm all about multitasking and this allows me to "read" while doing other things. I also like reading blogs of former classmates who always seem to be on the cutting edge of technology and using things that I'm just starting to hear about in conversations. However, I'm resistant to embrace the whole PDA thing. I've used them and they just don't really help me. I'm sticking to my Franklin Covey paper planner.

I suppose the real lesson is try something new. If it works for you, stick with it. If not, do/use what works. But you'll never know if it will be beneficial if you don't learn about it in the first place. I hope I find some more beneficial tools while going through "23 Things."

No comments: